Bienvenido a Madrid

so continuing on from my last post...

I arrived into a dreary London Heathrow, and then boarded a plane to Madrid. I was pretty nervous about FINALLY arriving. The flight was a nice and quick 2 hours, and I arrived in madrid around 8pm on the Friday. After some bag confusions I finally managed to get myself together and head out to the arrivals hall to meet Isabel, who I am staying with here in Madrid. They were lovely enough to come and collect me from Barajas Airport. We hopped in the car and arrived at her place. Its a really great and comfortable apartment. It's close to public transport and I only have to catch a bus and then a train to get to work. Its a lovely place to live, and I feel so lucky that I found such a great place to live in Madrid. I live with a lady called Isabel and her daughter Maria who are absolutely fantastic. It's so lovely to be living in a Spanish home. It's more of an experience. I think its much better than living with another bunch of auxiliares who all speak English. I love it here alot. Mind you I'm still kind of shy and stick to my room which is stupid of me.

So my Spanish is SLOWLY getting better. Because I use English for work I don't get a chance to use alot of Spanish there, and when I do I usually freak out. Especially the other day when I had 5 people speaking at me at once in Spanish. I pointed out to them that I can only listen to one person at a time because I cant translate fast enough in my head, when I was told that I'm in Spain and I should deal with it...ah. thanks. But hopefully in a few months it will get better.

OK so thats just a taster. The next few posts will be everything you have missed in the past month since my arrival. I got super lazy with the whole posting thing so now I have to remember what I did so I can catch you all up!

Alisa x

0 comments:

 
Una Soprano en España © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects