I have already found somewhere to live in Madrid! Quick huh? I got some help from someone who got me into contact with a good friend of his. She is a lovely lady called Isabel who lives in an apartment in Madrid with her 12 year old daughter. Its going to be so great to live with a real Spanish family.
We havent worked out rent prices yet, but she said she can do whatever I need, so it includes all meals and room. I can do my own laundry and cleaning and help out around the place. Its in a really handy area. Its close to the metro and bus and it will probably take me between 30-45mins give or take to get to work. It takes 25 mins on the metro from Barajas airport to the apartment which is very handy if I go away for weekends etc. I'm really looking forward to living there.
Now all I have to do is apply for my visa, which I can hopefully do on Monday morning if possible. I have most of the paperwork in order. Just need a letter from Isabel about accommodation, book flights tomorrow and then take some passport sized pictures for my application. Fingers crossed that I get my visa REALLY soon! please please please!
Besos xxxx




2 comments:
Yay!! Sounds awesome.
As for your VISA, i daresay it shouldn't be too bad! The Brits had a website where i could check current stats on VISA approval times etc. See if you can find something similar for Spanish VISAs?
xox
Good plan homestar. I'll check it out. Today the lady said there is a possibility that it wouldn't be done in time but Amanda and I are hoping it does so we can leave Aus on Dec 2nd and go to Tokyo. Woo woo. X
Post a Comment