2011: A reflection

As 2012 draws closer, I have paused to reflect on what I think has been an amazing year for me. I remember thinking, exactly one year ago, what the coming year of 2011 would bring. Looking back, I can see that I have achieved so many things, had many new experiences and made some absolutely amazing friends along the way. So here I give you just some highlights of the year that was 2011 and some small thoughts on what I hope to come in 2012!

Madrid, Spain


Ok, this was the one that was going to be very obvious. I have pretty much talked or thought of nothing else since my return in July (sure all of you are sick of hearing about it!). Living in Madrid from January to July was one of the best experiences of my life so far. I remember when I arrived, being so afraid of what was going to happen, but I had an amazing time. I loved living with Isabel and Maria who were fantastic, I loved where I lived and work turned out to be quite fun! I got the opportunity to have fantastic singing lessons in Albacete with a wonderful singing teacher doing all Early Music, I got to travel to some great places in Spain, I went out and had some crazy nights (and days) especially staying out until the metro opened again or catching the last buho home, got to see my first LIVE and IN PERSON Real Madrid football game, and I made some fantastic lifelong friends! My shout outs to you all!:  Gisella, Darline, Irene, Patty, Shannon, Kate, Ruth, Taelyr, Tetyana, Laura, Emely, Sarah, Brittany, Stefy, David, Arvid, Marta, Mary, Maria, Daniel, Rebeca, Eva, Isa, Maria and all the kids at the schools! ( Hopefully I haven't forgotten anybody! If I have TELL ME!!! lol). This experience has made me so determined to return to Madrid. So hopefully in 2012 or 2013 I will be returning to Madrid for a longer period of time to continue my journey, have fun, make friends and improve my Spanish (which unfortunately is starting to fade!).


Travelling

So this year I got to travel to quite a few new places! Living in Spain was so handy. I was so close to many different countries! I went to London and hung out with Kymmy and Homestar aka Paul for a few days which was awesome fun! I spent my semana santa in Freiburg with Clara and Winnie, went to Paris with Manda, and hung out in Belgium with Gwenny! I can't wait to travel around to more places!

Finally meeting old friends

Distance had always been a problem in meeting these two amazing girls. Gwenny I have known for more than 10 years and Kymmy for around 5-6 years. But I had only known them through the internet (sounds odd but thats how we all met!). I was so glad that iving in Europe gave me the opportunity to FINALLY meet these two girls! I stayed with Kymmy on the first night and day when I was in London and met up with Gwenny and also spent 4-5 days in Belgium with Gwenny in June/July! It was so fantastic to finally meet! I can't WAIT to see these girls again for more fun times! I hate that we all live so far away =( Miss you girls!!!! xxxx

Zumba Fitness

Upon my return to Australia I realised that I needed to do some exercise. While in Spain I didn't need to exercise so often because I was walking EVERYWHERE! I finally decided that I would try out Zumba fitness with my awesome zumba instructor and uni friend Eric. After one class I was absolutely hooked on it and I have been going 2-3 times a week since August. I am feeling fit, having fun and have made some great friends! Can't wait for more Zumba in 2012!!!!

Finishing my Bachelor of Music (Finally)

After 5 years I have FINALLY finished my Bachelor of Music course. So much blood, sweat and tears! But I finally got there and graduated last week! It has been a mostly enjoyable 5 years (So much drama along the way, plus a break to run away to Madrid) and I am really enjoying singing! Now it's onto a Masters in Performance Teaching in 2012! Then in the near future, a Masters of Early Music Performance in Spain (fingers crossed!)

That was just the main points, but there were many more. But through all of this I have become and more independent and more confident person (well...I seem to think so at least :P). I have overcome many fears and tried new things. Bring on 2012!!!! Hoping that it is just as exciting and wonderful as 2011!!! 

Feliz 2012! =)

x

0 comments:

 
Una Soprano en España © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects