Another year older...perhaps a little wiser.

Ahhh the memories

I was thinking about my birthday the other day. Yep. Another birthday has come around. Thursday is the day this year. It's crazy how fast the year goes by. One birthday and then you turn around and there is the next one...23 years old. Not exactly an exciting number. But I always enjoy my birthday. Who doesn't enjoy their own birthday...but this isn't exactly the reason for my post...

I was actually thinking about my birthday last year. Just like any other birthday, I had fun and ate lots of food and got a nice present (iPad. awesome). But it was the day I happened to receive an email that kind of changed the course of everything.

Because I didn't go to Spain the first time I was offered a second chance, on my birthday, to live in Madrid. I'm pretty sure in all my birthdays that it was actually the best present I ever received. Honestly. I thought after having to cancel going the first time that it was the end of that. But now looking back, I have done SO MUCH in just a single year. It's amazing. I finally gained some independence and went out into the big old world on my own. I've travelled and made some amazing friends along the way. And I also faced my fears. I had an experience that I just think about everyday. I never thought I would be sitting here saying that I actually, for once, went out and did something I so desperately wanted to do...

I am so grateful that I got the second opportunity to go. You all know how much it meant to me. Clearly. Because even about 3 months after being back I won't shut the hell up about it. In ANY conversation I will weave in the topic of Spain or Madrid. I have a problem. I realise this. I suppose the ONLY solution is to go back there (And that is in the works...slowly...money is a bitch)...And I will. Soon...

So in other news and I swear to god I will not mention Spain after this sentence...It's my final week of my undergraduate degree. It's been 5 years! Had my final vocal class ever today! It's just insane how time passes. It actually sometimes feels like I just got out of High School. Tomorrow I don't have uni but Wednesday and Thursday are the final days for classes for me. Sweet. Last Spanish classes for uni and no more concert class (awesome...even though I generally skip it...)

So my birthday is on Thursday. I have class all day (lucky me =P) and then we have the Early Music dinner (My last one! =P). I kind of wish I had nothing on so I could enjoy my birthday, but I suppose it's ok. On Friday Matty and I are going to QI (SQUEEEEEE!) and dinnering and drinking, so that can be the celebration. SO EXCITED!!!!! holy hell!!!

So there is another rant. I'm so glad I have this blog. I don't care if you don't read it. It's just nice to ramble sometimes.

x

0 comments:

 
Una Soprano en España © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects