Rainy, rainy days

Rain, rain go away...
The weather in Madrid has just been all over the place lately. It reminds me of Melbourne. One minute it's beautiful and sunny, and the next its just awful and raining. Then it's windy, and next it's humid. I have no idea. I'm attributing my current cold to this crappy weather, and also to the fact that I got caught in the rain on my way to the metro at Arganda del Rey. I had JUST left the school and as I was walking down the stairs, the downpour started. Most people ran for cover but me, being the idiot I am, kept going because I wanted to get on the train so badly. So I finally made it to the metro looking like a drowned rat. My clothes were absolutely soaked through. And then obviously, the rain stopped and the sun came out. Grr.

So I had to skip my singing lesson last Saturday because I basically didn't have a voice. I was pretty bummed about that. I really love going to my lessons, and now I only have 4 left before I return home. Instead of a lesson I pretty much just stayed in bed the whole day watching tv and movies. And it was reasonably nice weather too.

On Sunday Stefy and I went to El Rastro, which is a massive open air flea market. They sell alot of crap but they do sell some nice stuff too! We both bought a scarf each (3.50 euros. BARGAIN) at the first stall we saw. After the market we headed to VIPS (as you do haha. If you don't want to eat anything with jamon or a bocadillo...go to VIPS). I had my usual sandwich and FREE REFILS. YAY. After that we headed to corte to recharge our saldo and headed to some shops for some retail therapy. We both ended up buying things, so it was a good haul. I bought a top from Pull and Bear that I really liked. But I'm going to try and wait for the sales here in Madrid in July before I leave and also the sales in Paris...but I have a severe shopping problem. We shall see...We then went to llaollao for some delicious FROYO. I'm in love with llaollao. It's so good. I wish we had it back in Melbourne. We then walked around to retiro, but made a detour at the Prado museum because it was free and we both hadn't been yet. I'm going to go back again and have a proper look sometime, but it's a nice museum. REALLY MASSIVE though. We finally made our way to Retiro and sat and had a refresco y zumo and watched all the people in the boats. A good day.

Today was normal. Just work and stuff really. I JUST got home when the epic storm came through, so we didn't have a repeat of last Monday.

I've realised I need to stop having such looong siestas in the afternoon. It means I can't sleep at night, which is why I'm currently awake writing this. I'll usually have a lie down around 4-5pm and wake up at 9-9:30pm for dinner and have a shower, and then sit around for hours because I can't get to sleep...I'm so not looking forward to jetlag when I get home either. Ugh. It's going to be the WORST.

Anyway, I suppose I should at least TRY and get some sleep.

x

0 comments:

 
Una Soprano en España © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects